There aren’t really any major changes from the second trimester modifications to the third so I’ll just highlight a few things:
- During the third trimester, your expanding belly will get in the way for a lot of movements. Switch to using dumbbells instead of the bar for movements like cleans if you haven’t done so already.
- Decrease your weights as you feel is necessary. Focus should be on form and comfort.
- Keep doing the exercises that feel good and stop doing or modify any that don’t.
- Stay hydrated and continue to monitor your intensity. Use the talk test to make sure you are staying at moderate level of exertion or take frequent but short breaks during your wods.
- Continue to listen to your body and do what you/your trainer feels is right.
As long as you keep these guidelines in mind, you can workout safely all the way until the end. I’ve had several clients workout right up until the day of their delivery!